Thursday, May 2, 2013

Do you ever hit a 'scrapping slump'. You know; you lose your scrapping mojo and can't find it anywhere? Sometimes it is as close as the nearest gallery. I was browsing Silvia's gallery at Gotta Pixel last night and came across KaybKay's Naugle 1943 layout.



As an amateur family historian, I am a big fan of 'heritage' layouts, so this beautiful old photo caught my eye immediately. And she did a beautiful job with the cluster of flowers. So romantic! But perhaps the thing I appreciate most about this layout is the unconventional use of the kit.

The kit she chose is Oceanside, which of course, immediately makes you think you have to use it for a 'beach' layout! But I love when scrappers think outside the box and use a kit in a way that is not immediately apparent; in this case, a heritage layout.

Here is a preview of the kit KaybKay used.



You can find Oceanside at any of these stores. Be sure to take a look at the extras, too!


No comments: