Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Love You Mom

This weekend we will be celebrating Mother's Day. Mother's Day is celebrated in the US on the 2nd Sunday in May and was first celebrated in 1908 when Anna Jarvis held a memorial to honor her mother. She campaigned to make this a permanent day to honor mothers and was successful when President Woodrow Wilson declared Mother's Day an official holiday in 1914. Sadly by the 1920s the holiday had become so commercialized that Anna denounced it! She was convinced that sending a store-bought card instead of a handwritten note was the sign of a lazy child.

Mother's Day is celebrated in various forms at various times around the world. If you'd like to learn more about the traditions of Mother's Day in other countries, check out the Wikipedia article here.

I know my camera will get quite a workout this weekend and I will have some photos to scrap next week. So I decided to get a head start and went searching the galleries for inspiration. I found a beautiful layout, I Love You Mom, by Jean Ann. She created a heritage layout, but I think these colors and that beautiful frame would work just as well with a photo taken this weekend.


To create her beautiful layout, Jean Ann chose Silvia's I Love You Mom collection.


You can pick this up in any of Silvia's stores.

GOTTA PIXEL        A CHERRY ON TOP        SCRAPBOOK-BYTES        DIGITALS 



No comments: